Session 7 Review
Congratulations! You have completed Session 7 of the Web Support Project for Dementia Caregivers! This session offered practical tips for the caregiver. Let's review!
- It will be beneficial to you and your loved one with dementia if you stick to a daily routine. Work with your loved one to make a routine consisting of activities you both enjoy.
- Don't forget to include household chores in your daily routine! Assign your loved one tasks that you know are not too difficult for him/ her.
- Be careful not to overplan your daily schedule. Allow your loved one some time to rest if needed.
- Be sure to include exercise and social activities into your daily plan.
- You don't need to do the same thing every day, but some consistency to your daily pattern will be beneficial your loved one with dementia.
- If your loved one is in the early stages of dementia, consider allowing him/her to join you on family trips. However, if your loved one is in the later stages of dementia or has other health conditions, consider finding a family member or friend to stay with your loved one with dementia. You could also check into day healthcare programs for your loved one to stay in while you are away.
- If you take your loved one with dementia on a trip, remember to stick to an appropriate daily routine. Make sure activities are appropriate for him/her.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us.